The practice, as part of a grouping of 6 PCNs, is delivering vaccinations in line with national guidance. Please do not telephone us to ask when or if you are going to get a Covid vaccine. We will keep you updated as best we can through this website and you will be contacted individually if and when you are invited to have a vaccine. Please act on your invitation when the time comes and make sure you attend your appointments. Thank you.
Our Surgery Plans and How This Will Affect You
If you have had any contact with the surgery since the start of the pandemic, you are likely to have noticed a marked difference in the way things are being done. We have done this to manage face to face contact between patients and staff, limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus and keep our practice team and patients as well as possible.
Attending Your Appointment
- If you need to have a face to face appointment, you may be asked to attend the surgery.
- You may be asked to wait in your car until the doctor or nurse is ready to see you.
- If you are able to, please continue to use our website or the NHS App to order your repeat prescription. You do not need to come to the surgery to register to do this;
- If you cannot order your repeat prescription any other way, then you may deliver this through the outside surgery letter box – this can be done without accessing the reception.
How Can You Help?
- Please be patient – our phone lines are very busy;
- Do you have a condition that you can treat at home? If you do then please try to do this with advice from NHS online or your local pharmacist;
- Do you simply need general advice? If you do, can you call 111 for this or access E-consult at https://chinehamsurgery.webgp.com/
- If you think you may have Covid-19 DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS111 Online service to find out what to do next: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19;
- If you feel you need to see a doctor for non-Covid-19 symptoms then please call 01256 479244 and we will discuss your needs;
- Please help the receptionist by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
- Have you nominated a pharmacy for the transmission of electronic prescriptions? This will prevent the need for either you or pharmacy staff from coming to the surgery. The nomination of a pharmacy can be done via your online app or speaking to your pharmacist or GP surgery directly.
We do anticipate some staff shortages due to isolation and sickness and aim to continue to give you the best possible care at this difficult time. We appreciate your continued support.