News - Covid Updates
Covid vaccination programme update (08.06.22)
Covid vaccination programme update (08.06.22):
The vaccination programme is now solely located at:
- Festival place, Basingstoke, RG21 7BA
- Open 7 days a week 1100-1700.
- Walks in welcome for >12 years old
- The site is open for all doses (no AZ by walk in)
- Bookable by NBS (119 or https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/ ) and by texts from your practice
- 5-11 year old patients are only by appointment
- There is FREE PARKING for all patients who have a vaccination at Festival Place
- Please note the Spring booster programme is for the over 75s and immunocompromised - if you have queries please send a question via econsult to your practice
- Patients who are not eligible as per the JCVI guideline will be turned away from sites as legally we are not covered
- Eligibility can be found here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-spring-booster-resources/a-guide-to-the-spring-booster-for-those-aged-75-years-and-older-residents-in-care-homes
Proof of Covid vaccination
The practice is not able to provide you with a letter that shows your COVID-19 vaccination status. Click here to learn how to obtain your Covid pass.
Letting your GP know if you are a carer
Healthwatch Hampshire has produced this helpful resource, setting out ten reasons to let your GP know that you are a carer.
Booster programme update (15.12.21)
As previously notified, extra booster capacity is being added locally to meet the government target of all adults being offered their booster jabs by the end of this month. More information about the national arrangements, including the booking system, can be found here - Book or manage a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Booking Blood Tests at the Hospital
Hampshire Hospitals have asked us to let patients know that their Phlebotomy Service is an appointment only service.
You can use their online booking system by visiting basingstoke.sangixcloud.com or by searching 'blood tests' on hampshirehospitals.nhs.uk. You will need to click on SIGN UP to create an account before booking.
Patients can also make a telephone booking by calling 01256 314751 between 9.00am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Note that the phlebotomy department does not provide a walk-in service. If you require an urgent blood test they ask that you call this telephone booking line to arrange an appointment.